Pool owners achieve general consensus that having a swimming pool is a luxury. It doesn’t mean only rich person can own a swimming pool. Instead, it’s an implication to show building and taking care of one requires pool owners a little more time to beat their brains, find out the most efficient solution and keep the pool running in excellent condition.
Although most pool owners will resort to pool care professional for maintenance help, not everyone wants to take this easy route. Many of them are proud of the effort they make to resolve any swimming pool issue and enjoy the repairing process to see things gradually grow from nothing. If you’re planning to have a try, you’ll find this article beneficial though it doesn’t involve a lot of details but just some basic reminders. Following we will summarize top five tips for your easier access to DIY pool maintenance.
1. Pool Tile Replacement & Repair
Pool surface can be aging as the time goes by, the tiles will need occasional repair. It’s common to have crack, dirty stains and corrosive spots on the tiles. Once detected, tile repair or replacement should be taken into consideration.
Repair Pool Tile Crack in Empty Pool
1) Empty the pool. Manual vacuum can act as a main drain in order to empty pool water faster.
2) Cut the crack out 1/2" deep and broaden its length 1" on both edges. Make sure to wear necessary body protection, such as mask, gloves and long pants.
3) Wash the crack, and let it moisture free, then get rid of any dirt and scrap.
4) Caulk the crack and leave 1/4” space for plaster covering.
5) Mix together following chemicals with water-pool patch, white sand and acrylic cement adhesive.
6) Dampen the concrete ends of the crack and then stuff the crack with the mixture by using a dry towel. Softly press the mixture into the crack to ensure there’s no room left.
7) Scrape off any excess mixture, and lightly sponge the surface to meet the consistency of the original surface.
2. Control Pool Water Level Within a Proper Range
Water in your pool varies on the basis of weather, season, pool size, swimming frequency, etc. On rainy day water level will be higher while in hot summertime water rapidly evaporates regardless of protection from pool cover. If proper water level is not controlled sustainably, it will cause problems with pool liner and pump. Then pool liner may have a bigger possibility to break and pool water will not circulate as needed. It’s suggested to keep a close eye on the water level, add or pump out water every 2-4 weeks.
3. Skim & Brush
This is the most annoying step of pool maintenance. Basic tools like skimmer, brusher, cleaner are needed. It’s a heavy burden if work’s all done by yourself. You may think automatic pool cleaner could be your perfect assistant, but why not invite your family members to join? It’s especially an excellent opportunity to strengthen your kids’ do-it-yourself ability and teach them a lessen of remaining patient when dealing with spiny issues.
4. Maintain Pool Water Chemistry Balance
To maintain a chemical balance, chlorine needs to be added consistently. Otherwise, algae can develop and water turns cloudy. Chlorine can attack bacteria and contaminants through a fairly simple chemical reaction. Allowing pool water to be chemical imbalanced could be a disaster that increases the risk of having infectious diseases like skin infection. Also, pH monitoring is an important part of chemistry balance. The ideal pH balance for a swimming pool is 7.4. Do pH test regularly is highly recommended to control pH within proper range.
5. Check the Basic Facilities
There are many facilities you need to check and clean to make your pool stay healthy, such as filter, pump, caulk, etc. A leaking pump can cause a waste of water. Filter helps your pool water stay clear. Its screening system gets rid of debris, removes bugs and leaves from the water, and makes the water more sanitary for you to swim in. If you don’t aware the unworkable filter and swim in dirt water unconsciously, pool water could be a harm to your health.
For more info about high-performance swimming pool tiles that help save your pool maintenance cost and pool resurfacing cost, welcome to visit pool tile professional BluwhaleTile at http://www.bluwhaletile.com.